I am a graduate of Evanston Township High School class of 1969.
After four years at ETHS, I was acccepted into Ohio State University but decided to enter the work place instead. My past work history includes postal carrier, lab technician, photographer, photography producer, retail and food service, chef, pastry chef, and owner of a successful catering business serving clients in Chicago, Evanston and the North Shore. The staff who worked along side me helped make our company desirable and our workplace celebrated professional work ethics and a client product that sold itself. Seventeen years later I retired and began to prepare myself for greater community work.
I have 25 years of volunteer experience in public education advocacy for Evanston/Skokie schools.
- ETHS Board representative to ED-RED
- former ETHS K-12 Standards committee member
- former SIT Team member, ETHS
- former PTA Council member, President and Co-President
- Community Legislative Committee member, former Joint Legislative Task Force, Chair and Co-Chair
- Leadership Evanston graduate
- former Education Observer, Illinois Local Food Farms & Jobs Council
- Education Observer, USDA Food & Nutrition “Good Greens” group
- Board President, Evanston Food Exchange working to improve our community health
- former 2012 District 65 Referendum Committee member
After three years helping to grow the Evanston Food Exchange (EFE), I am now the groups president. EFE has acted as a convener, building partnerships and community capacity around growing food in Evanston. Improving the health of our community makes academic achievement possible when young minds and bodies are healthy and ready to learn. Growing more food locally, in backyards and in schoolyards, strengthens families and community through education, provides jobs for youth, and awareness of what good nutrition looks and tastes like. I am a partner in collective impact through nurturing.
In July 2015, I was appointed to replace Bill Geiger on the ETHS District 202 Board of Education. It has been my pleasure to serve as a colleague and ambassador for ETHS. Click here to learn more about my board experience.